Privately Commissioned Histories
Karin Winegar teams with fine photographers and foremost American designers to produce a memorable volume that will be a cherished tribute to the legacy of a company, a stable, an individual or family. These exclusive, custom published books provide a lasting record of accomplishment and a celebration of values and enthusiasms. They may be commissioned for a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday or to mark specific achievements.
Her privately commissioned work can be seen at:
• Hennepin County Library, Minneapolis, Minnesota
– Minneapolis History Collection and Archives, Special Collections
• The National Sporting Library & Museum, Middleburg, VA
• Aiken Thoroughbred Hall of Fame and Museum, Aiken, SC
• Masters of Foxhounds Association, Millwood, VA
• Canadian Racing Hall of Fame, Toronto, Ontario
• Morven Park Museum of Hounds and Hunting, Leesburg, VA
• H. Sanford Riley Centre for Canadian History, University of Winnipeg
Equestrian and sailing families and companies are a specialty: Karin Winegar is a Lowell Thomas Award gold winner for maritime journalism and has won numerous national awards for equestrian writing.
Karin is author of "SAVED, Rescued Animals and The Lives They Transform" (Perseus/Da Capo), foreword by Dr. Jane Goodall, prologue by Dr.Temple Grandin and photography by Judy Olausen.
In addition to freelance writing for national and regional publications, website copywriting and editing, Karin contributes website articles for Twin Cities Public Television's "Next Avenue" and writes for Minnesota Public Radio’s Commentary web page.